Sunday, September 15, 2024

We're Rolling Now

 


I finished moving the old welder into place in the back of the shop. It actually wasn't too difficult, just time consuming. When moving it through the doors in the middle of the shop, I had to grab the pipe that rolled out the back and then go out the front door, walk around the shop, come in the back door, and then pull the welder forward - had to do that a couple of times but other than that, it moved right along. It's amazing what you can move with a few pieces of pipe, a pinch bar and a 2x4 fulcrum.

After moving the welder, I moved the small block Chevy motor for the hot rod project next to it, that was easy enough since it's on a stand with rollers, and then I moved the spare Slant-Six in front of the welder. The cabinet with my sheet metal/body and fender tools is now next to the Slant-Six. That cabinet is on wheels and should be the only thing I will need to move but I now have easy access to it where it is. 

Still have more to do but it was 90 degrees again yesterday and after moving the heavy stuff I decided to call it a day. Fortunately, no complaints from the chest. Since I started working out again, I'd like to try doing a couple of pushups - don't know how the chest would react, or if there's enough muscle left in my "pipe cleaner" arms to actually pull that off. Maybe try a couple of the "sissy" pushups with my knees on the floor first. The last thing I want to do is tear anymore muscles. It did feel pretty good being able to move all the stuff around in the shop, though - been a long time coming.

No comments: