I have several wool bicycle jerseys and a couple of them got attacked by moths. The one is an old timer, so a couple of small moth holes didn't really bother me, but one of the new ones I special ordered all the way from New Zealand ended up with a couple of holes on the front of it. Since I paid good money for it and another one from the same outfit, I don't want any more damage to befall them. The Missus found a cedar chest so I bought it and drug it home.
The above photo shows the results after spending some time stripping all the blue paint off it. It's a Lane chest, so it was well made initially, but someone took a disc sander to it to strip off the initial finish. That left a few divots and a rather uneven surface, but I figured I could get it half-ass decent with some judicious sanding.


No comments:
Post a Comment