Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Rainy Days & Mondays

 


Monday wasn't a total washout, but the previous three were. Lots of rain, which curtailed my outside jobs, but I did get a few things done inside and a wee bit in the shop. Nothing much to write home about but I did get quite a bit of reading done - book reports will be forthcoming. 

I took the dog to the groomer yesterday and stopped for gas on the way home - $4.29 per gallon. That's about a buck more per gallon than it was two weeks ago. I usually just pay at the pump but none of the pumps would allow that. Since I was driving the Missus' new car, I didn't know what it was going to take to fill it up, so I just got $20.00 worth. It got the gauge up over half, but next time out I'll try a different station so I can get it topped off. 

Another restaurant in town closed along with one in the next town south where I get salads when I'm down that way. Gas over $4.00 and restaurants closing, yep, it's getting ugly out there.

No comments: