Thursday, September 17, 2026

Constitution Day

 


Ella 's got her basket.


And the Missus has hers - with a new rivet holding the handle on, as seen in the right side of the photo. I don't know what type of rivets were used originally, but I had a shiny steel one in my supplies. I cut it to length, opened up the hole in the handle and the basket just a bit, drove the rivet in, then peened the backside so it wouldn't come out. Another satisfied customer.

However, I threw in the towel on fixing the broken recliner. It was going to be a serious pain in the ass to fix it, and the Missus was still going to have a hard time getting it to recline. "A man's got to know his limitations."

It's Constitution Day today. The Founders did a great job coming up with that document. Unfortunately, seems like the majority of our "leaders" in Washington don't seem to care much about it, especially the Bill of Rights. If they would have been honoring them and balancing the budget, the country would still be great. Instead, it looks like it truly is the end of the empire. As a result, hard times are coming - keep your powder dry.

1 comment:

MARSHALL OVERCLOTH said...

I saw Abbott & Costello in that song-
youtube.com/watch?v=kJqeGifI08o