Friday, July 4, 2008

Independence Day

As a guy who's pretty independent, I can appreciate today. It's just a shame that we have to keep fighting for it. But you know what they say: "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance".

The Chicago Tribune had some really cool pictures in yesterdays paper in lieu of the regular opinion page. You need to see these. Click Here. I would have included one except I haven't figured out how in the hell to do that yet. In fact, I still haven't figured out why the posted page doesn't look like the preview page. But I digress. The photos are shots of servicemen all posed to form patriotic symbols such as the Statue of Liberty. They were taken around the time of the WWI. They are just incredible.

Have a safe and pleasant holiday.

2 comments:

Traveling Pirate said...

Those were cool pictures from the Tribune. I've really been enjoying reading the Tribune lately and the fact that the report on news of the WORLD not celebrity news and who got a DUI in Hebron.

The plan is to celebrate our independence tonight on the National Mall watching the fireworks . . . but the rain appears to be headed this way. So, I may be celebrating with a good long night's sleep.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Be a shame if it rained. Washington D.C. on the 4th of July - no better time. Even better than what I've got planned - parking the pickup out behind the barn so I can watch the fireworks from the church down the road.