Thursday, July 28, 2011

Lifting Beam









Lifting Beam












I'm taking a little break before I head to the gym. I got one of the lifting beams finished this morning. Thirty feet long and about 250 -300 lbs. I welded up the splice on the second plate before I came home for lunch so I'm ready to go on that one next time I head over to school. I got the back wall of the barn put together yesterday but it's a little too big for me to stand up by myself. Surly's supposed to drop the grand kids off this evening and maybe give me a little help on things depending on time and weather. It'll only take five minutes to stand the wall up - I've got the braces ready to go and everything. When I get that one up, I'll start on the side walls. I've got the south wall laid out except for a short piece of the top plate. I think I've got just about everything I need now to finish the job except a new service door and the replacement sheet metal. I might have to get some more 2x4's for the purlins but I'm closing in on it. The only other big financial outlay will be the wrecker bill. If that goes as planned, hang the siding before the wind blows it down again.

Started pulling up carpet and linoleum after lunch. That's going to be a real pain in the ass. I got everything up in the laundry room except for what's under the appliances. I'll take care of that Sunday after we get everything washed and dried. Just need to have it ship shape by Monday morning. Depending on the weather and the grandsons, I'll be working on a wall, carpeting, all or none of the above tomorrow.

2 comments:

leroy99 said...

I have to go to Rennselear at some point today did you get your wall stood up if not I could swing by on the way through and give you a hand.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Wall's up, carpet's out and the freezer's moved - all before ten o'clock! Going to try and get another wall put together in the morning or late today if the rain stops. I might need some help on that one. I'll let you know. - Thanks.