Monday, March 2, 2015

Time To Move?


Here's a shot taken out the back window yesterday morning. March 1st and a couple more inches of snow on the ground with more to come. This follows the coldest February on record. We hit -10 on Friday night/Saturday morning. The previous record for that date was -4 set way back in 1884. 

I've been working on my taxes and computed that we put in 2200 miles taking the Missus back and forth for medical care last year. It's about 25 miles to the college and the hospital is an additional 8 miles north. Depending on her health, or mine for that matter, and how long I plan to keep teaching, it might be time for me to consider downsizing the operation and find us a little shack closer to the school and medical treatment. Or just quit teaching and sit around here and work my way through the pile of books I've got during the long cold winters. Or maybe just be thankful for what I've got and keep shoveling.

3 comments:

Traveling Pirate said...

My attitude about the weather leaves much to be desired.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

I'm with you on that, but better days are coming. It's supposed to hit mid 40's next week. That'll ease the pain.

Traveling Pirate said...

I can't wait to get on the bike (and I don't mean the one in the basement).