Wednesday, January 27, 2016


We got the holes drilled for the studs and the bore and counterbore put into the exhaust collars. They're looking pretty sexy. I bolted one down to my little fixture I made just to make sure everything is as it should be. I'm going to take a look at the Haas book and see if I can't write the program to profile the outside of the part on my own. I've taken up a bunch of the instructor's time already on this. I think with a little time I can figure most of it out. There are extra controllers in the class room so it's possible to work on one of those without tying up a machine. I want to learn a bit of this stuff and it might get me headed in the right direction for when I take the class later this Spring. 

The brake parts showed up. I need to machine a little clearance on the hanger for the brake pad before putting it back together but making progress on the bike and the basement project both. Also picked up some tubing for another project in the shop. I had a sketch made up but managed to misplace it. As soon as I draw it up again, I'll commence to commencin' on that one also.

No comments: