Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Sidecar Racers Association



Found this at Silodrome. Husband and wife team who raced at the Isle of Man with their outfit. Great story - mentions the Sidecar Racers Association. I was a member for a few years when I was planning on building my Norton powered outfit. Sidecar racing at that time wasn't real popular. Usually only a half-dozen or so rigs at a race but nice people and competitors. 



I found this on Facebook - restoration of the above rig only now it will have Norton power. There are several pictures at the link as well as a short article. Interesting.

I've been doing a whole lot of nothing the last few days. Spring Break is turning out to be not even close to spring like.  Snow, cold - temps in the teens last night - so not much getting done outside or in the shop. I'm getting caught up on some of the magazines in the pile as well as working on the book list. I decided I was going to try and read fifty books again this year after all. I'm on pace so far. I'll see how it goes if/when the weather decides to improve. Staying inside except for chores for a few days isn't all that bad, I suppose. Lots of people do it all the time. At least that's what I've heard. Don't know how they do it though.

After I had this post scheduled to go I started hitting some of my regular spots on the Internet and came across some info about big wildfires out west. Not the forest fires that you usually hear about but prairie fires. Three young adults and who knows how much livestock and wildlife gone. I didn't hear anything about this on the news. These truly are some troubling times we're living in.

Take care, be safe and don't take life for granted. It can change in a heartbeat.

No comments: