Monday, July 30, 2018

Extraction

The bicycle race went off well. Surly had two goals before starting his first bike race - don't fall off and come in ahead of me. Mission accomplished for him. My saddle pal/running buddy got an age group win. I had the distinction of not being scored. There was some mix-up with the timing. The final print-out had me one second behind Surly but the reality of it was that I was about two minutes behind him. He was scored as the 12th place finisher and I think I was 17th. It's a small event but there's a few fast guys who show up. My friend Don who went with me on the Cowboy Trail won the 60 and up age group. Not really much of a surprise there. The boy's a stud. I'm pretty happy with my performance. In spite of the sore back restricting my training, I was able to keep up a decent pace - for me at least.

After the race and breakfast came back to the house and Surly made a few pieces on my mill for a bicycle project he's working on. I tinkered with the Rickati a bit. I took all the case screws out and measured them up so I can get all of them replaced with stainless. Also put a new cover on the VW since it's outside while I'm working on the two bikes currently.

Getting the wisdom tooth pulled today, so won't be much else happening. I'm going to make myself a smoothie, eat pudding and catch up on the magazines.

No comments: