Friday, July 27, 2018

Gettin' After It


I dug out the manual for the 900 and made a copy of the wiring diagram. Rather a crappy copy as you can see, but I copied it into Microsoft Word and cropped off the outer edges and then enlarged and sharpened it. Looks pretty good on a piece of 8-1/2 x 11 paper. Next time I head north I'll take it to Staples and see if they can enlarge it onto an 11 x 14. In the meantime, I'll fasten the printout to a clipboard and start chasing wires down on the bike. Then I can start the numerous trips to the auto parts store for supplies. Actually, I've got a pretty good assortment of connectors and wire on hand but you never have everything you need unless you do this type of work on a daily basis, and there's no way I'd want to do this sort of thing on a daily basis.

I ordered a piece of tubing for the fender loop on the Rickati project along with a couple of short pieces of cold finished round stock to have in inventory. The local steel supplier where I used to buy my material for the high school has a good selection of hot rolled rounds but not so much on the cold rolled. 

I got the quote on the fenders from Speed and Sport. Shipping costs are reasonable so I'll get those ordered in. I'm going to do a bit more searching for a comparison price first but either way, I'm going to get a pair.


No comments: