Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Gettin' It Done



Takin' 'em from the top:

Headlight mount for the 900. I had it tacked together and on the bike to make sure it would fit already. Welded it finish, sandblasted, primed and painted. 

New parts for the Rickati came yesterday. Throttle and cable, gas cap and grips. Surly came down on Sunday and we critiqued the bike build so far. The rear fender needs to go and the frame loop supporting it needs to be changed. I found a place that sells aluminum fenders. They aren't cheap but up until I bought the new parts and a new front tire, I basically had nothing in this thing beyond my labor. No reason I can't spring for some decent parts and have this thing lookin' nice when it's all done.

Pieces for the work stand for the Rickati. I'm going to the dentist today and maybe the races tonight, so I won't get them welded up today, but soon.

Next order of business on the Rickati is the work stand and then the back loop. I need to order in a piece of tubing for that. I'll get that on the way along with a pair of fenders. While I'm waiting for parts I'll do something on the 900. Not sure what yet but something. On a little bit of a roll - don't want to lose my momentum.

No comments: