Sunday, August 4, 2019

Flat Work



Got the concrete job done yesterday with the help of Big Ernie. Ernie used to do a bit of boxing and he coached at our gym on and off for several years. He's a great coach and knows his way around concrete work as well. He brought all the tools and I supplied some labor. I moved 29 bags of concrete mix - a couple of them more than once - so about one ton, 60 pounds at a time. Ernie showed up about 7:30 and we were done about 11:00. I don't know about Ernie, but I was pretty much done about that time. I didn't do much the rest of the day. Back was a bit stiff and it warmed up. I figured I shouldn't over do it.

Planning on some work in the shop later today. Depending on the weather, might do a bit of outside work - strip the form and fill in around the slab so I can get some grass going. Feels good crossing this one off the list. Couldn't have done it without Ernie, though.

No comments: