Sunday, August 11, 2019

Lumbar's Not So Limber

Between the concrete job, moving furniture and doing some landscaping, the old back gave out on me Friday. I was carrying a couple of bags of salt for the water softener and that was all she wrote. Went to the chiropractor and he straightened me out but told me I'd be sore for a couple of days - right he was. As a result I haven't done much the last couple of days. Seems like every time I get on a roll, something comes up to slow progress.

The chiropractor's office is right down the street from the library, so I stopped in and picked up a couple of books to read while riding the recliner. I found a new Joe Pickett novel by C.J. Box - Wolf Pack. I've read a few of these and have found them enjoyable. This one was no exception. I haven't been reading too many books this year. I haven't even kept up with the magazines. Seems it's about all I can do to keep up with the daily newspaper.

I've got quite a few things on the agenda for the next few weeks - might partly explain why I'm behind on my reading. Mostly fun stuff though: boxing matches, auto racing and a little traveling. Going to try and do a bit on the Rapido today as long as the back co-operates. I want to finish this one up.

No comments: