Friday, August 9, 2019

Number 49, Here I Come



We got the aunt moved in. I showed up just a bit late to the party. They were supposed to start about 8:00 and I showed up about 8:30. I figured they'd have some coffee and donuts and BS a bit, which I suppose they did, but they had most of the heavy stuff loaded up when I got there. Since we were only going across town and much of her stuff was going home with Cuzzin Rick and his brother, it didn't take long to unload. I was home by 11:30 - worked out well. I rode the motorbike down, by the way. Beautiful morning for a ride in the country.

Cuzzin Rick and I are getting a trip to Nevada together. We're planning on taking the Amtrak to Salt Lake City, renting a car and hitting a couple of museums, including the Nevada Northern Railway for a ride on a steam train. We're also planning on a quick stop at the salt flats. This will make state number 49 for me. The only one left is Hawaii. The wife and I are planning on going there on our 50th anniversary in about a year and a half as long as our health allows.




No comments: