Friday, August 2, 2019

Picking Away At Them



Remote float Dellorto from the Rapido. I'm always amazed how well the gasoline holds up with the addition of the two-stroke oil. This thing hasn't been run in well over fifteen years. In spite of that there was still some liquid in the bottom of the float chamber. It had the viscosity of syrup and had the familiar stink of old gas but it wasn't near as bad as it would have been with what passes for gasoline these days. I'll finish cleaning it up and then see what I need to do on the gas tank before installing a new piece of fuel line and an in-line filter.


Little piece for Surly's big twin that I welded a tab on. He bought this thing and like many used Harleys, it has suffered from a bad case of ham-fistedness. He'll get it all put back to right but it'll take him awhile between the type of work that needs to be done and his limited free time.

I'm making some progress around the shack along with the Rapido job but it's August already. I'd like to get the Rapido running and cross off a couple other of the big jobs before the weather turns cold. That gives me about three months to get some painting done and a few other things. Got a concrete job on the agenda for the weekend.

1 comment:

Surly said...

The exhaust bracket is all cleaned up, hole on location and a couple coats of paint. Looks good, thanks!