Monday, August 19, 2019

Weather Craziness



Tough sleeping the last couple of nights. Big storm hit about 3:30 Saturday morning. High winds, hail, big downpour. Sunday morning about 5:30, lots of thunder and lightning, more rain. I got an Amber Alert on my cell phone about 6:00. Then the phone rang about 7:00. I was going to ride my bicycle along with my running buddy and one of our fighters on their training run at 8:00 but the phone call was to notify me that was off. The phone rang about 10 minutes later and we were rescheduled for 7:00 that evening. I gave up on sleeping after that and read a few more pages in the book I've been working on. The ride went well, though. We went about 4 miles at a decent clip for the runners. We're taking three fighters to a bout this week and it looks like they're all in decent shape and ready to go.


The bike in the photo above is one that I made a few years back. I drug it out, cleaned it up a bit and aired up the tires so I could ride it on the training run. It's my "city rig" and works real nice when riding along at a jogging pace. We're going to try and get the fighters out to do more road work. I can ride along to get a little exercise and keep them honest. I haven't done much cycling this year - be good to get out more.

I was going to put the front wheel back on the Rapido and found out the speedometer drive was broken. I located one at a reasonable price so I'll get that ordered up.. As soon as that comes in I'll get the wheel finished. I still need to take the tank off and get the fuel line hooked up, but that shouldn't be much of an issue. I should probably take the rear fender and taillight off and blast and paint them as well. I've got to make a couple of things for work first, though.


No comments: