Sunday, September 8, 2019

Gen Set



The crew showed up bright and early to install the generator yesterday. Installation took the three man crew about six hours. Everything looks very professional and I should be all set if we get a power outage. I had them put in a tee fitting to allow me to hook up a smaller propane tank in the event the power goes out when my big tank is low. I've got hose that came with my heater in the shop that will connect to the tank but I don't know if the diameter is large enough to supply the generator. I'll check with the outfit that supplies my propane and see what they recommend. I'll also put something down in the flower bed to set the tank on if I ever need to use it. I've got a 100 pound one for the shop and it's a bit much to move around. I might buy a 50 pounder just for the generator. Nice thing about propane is that it doesn't go bad like gasoline does.

One of the guys on the crew was a former student of mine. Sort of ironic that he was teaching me the ins and outs of the system. He did a fine job, though. Fine young man. Glad to see he's doing well.

No comments: