Friday, September 13, 2019

Sofa Repair Man



While it might be a little hard to decipher from the photo, it's the bottom of a couch that's standing on end. It ended up where I work because the legs were falling off of it. My boss asked me if I could do anything with it. After taking the cover off the bottom, I was appalled by the construction of the frame. It appears to be put together with floor sweepings with a little bit of glue and a bunch of staples. I taught high school shop classes for 36 years and I don't think I ever saw anything as poorly constructed by high school kids as what this thing is.

I got one end squared away with a combination of lag screws, hardware store corner brackets, some bolts, and even a bit of angle iron welded to one of the leg brackets. I was just getting started on the end in the photo at quitting time but it shouldn't require near as much work since it hadn't been damaged like the other end was. I'll finish it up next week. I've also got another job for work I'm going to try and get finished at home this weekend. I'm only working two days per week but I've got enough work there to keep me busy damn near full time. However, that's not going to happen. The boss is looking to hire some more help but I don't know when or how that's going to turn out. As it is, I'll just keep on keepin' on for a while.

1 comment:

Pansy C. Hensley said...

Love to see that you talked about sofa repairing s I was looking for same information since many days. Thanks again for posting such great article I have recently found that Fix it Dubai has also some new thoughts on sofa repairing kits and 12 tips of sofa repairing techniques.