Sunday, September 22, 2019

Porcupine



I got the new sump installed on the sandblast cabinet. I was able to make it out of one piece, with just a little welding on a couple of corners. Rather than welding the new piece on to the blast cabinet, I riveted it. I fastened it on with Clecos first to make sure I had a good fit and so I could know where to caulk the mating edges. Pretty much used all of my Clecos. I should probably buy some more one of these days. I'm sure I'll be doing more sheet metal work in the future.


Finished sump all riveted, caulked and painted. It's a bit hard to tell from the photo but the white blob in the middle is the PVC pipe cap for the drain. I picked up some new hose for the pick-up feed but it's a little small in diameter. It's reinforced clear tubing, so I don't know if I can heat it up and get it to slide on or not. I'll get out in the shop and see if I can make it happen. It'll be nice if I can get the tubing to fit so I can wrap this project up. I've got a couple of things to blast.

I took the Missus to the hospital for some blood work the other day. Everything came back fine, so the cancer is still in remission. Good news there, by golly! She goes to the oncologist this week, but that should be a mere formality.

No comments: