Friday, September 27, 2019

Tripping



I went in to the college the other day to attend a meeting with the accreditation team. I'm an advisory committee member for the welding program, and as it happens, the only one who wasn't working during the day. As I was going in I came across this beauty in the parking lot. I'm pretty sure it belongs to a former department head who held classes in the lab where I used to work as a tech. I don't know where he got his money, but I like the way he spends it. I saw an old E-Type the other day also. It was a maroon 2+2. Still my dream car.

I got the sandblast cabinet back operational, did a little welding job for Surly, cut the grass, and rode the Royal Enfield up to the travel agent to pick up the tickets for the trip out west yesterday. It was a beautiful day for a ride. In fact, one of the guys I did the Cowboy Trail with last year stopped by on his motor bike while I was out mowing. He said he was planning a trip to the Barber Museum soon. That's something I'd like to do as well. I did make an inquiry of the travel agent about an Isle of Man trip while I was there. She had no clue about the Isle of Man, so I might have to take my inquiry some where else. I'm thinking real seriously about taking that trip - either the TT or the Manx. I'm leaning towards the Manx with all the classic bikes. I sent Surly an e-mail about it. We'll have to discuss it and see what he comes up with as far as vacation time, which event and all that. It'd be real nice if we could make the trip together.

I got the dope on baggage limits for the train trip when I picked up the tickets. Not near as restrictive as air travel for carry on luggage so I put the wheels and handle back on my suitcase. I probably could have left them on since I saw others carry on bags much larger but both times I have flown recently, there was a box that your carry-on was supposed to fit in. If it didn't fit you had to check it. Mine wouldn't have fit with the wheels and handle attached, so I drilled the rivets out and put screws in the holes to keep the bag from coming apart. It's back together again now with acorn nuts on the screws on the inside of the bag to keep from snagging anything. Time to start packing - already made a trip to the liquor start. Clothes come next. All about priorities.

No comments: