Thursday, September 19, 2019

Project Update



I made five of these over the weekend. It took me longer than it should have because I didn't have access to the prototype I had made previously. I was going to bring it home and use it as a pattern but the guy had it in his vehicle and was still on the road when I left Friday. The only thing left for me to do is stencil the company name on the tote and lid and they'll go into service.

The weather's been nice the last couple of days. I cleaned up the woodshop after making a mess on the company job and then started cleaning the main shop proper so I could finish the sandblasting cabinet.


I got the new drain outlet welded in and all the metal removed that needed to be removed. The new outlet is 1-1/2" pipe and is facing straight down. The old outlet was about half that diameter and came off the side - it was pretty close to useless. This should make changing the grit or cleaning out the sump much simpler.

I've got the new sump piece all ready to fasten in. Maybe get that done today. I need to mow the back yard and a couple of other things also. I did a little maintenance on the mower yesterday before I mowed the front yard - sharp blades, clean pre-filter, tire pressure check. About six more weeks it'll be time to put it away for the season. That sure won't bother me but it also means, as always,  I need to pick up the pace a bit to get a few more things done before the snow flies.

The power went out a couple of days ago and the new generator kicked in like it was supposed to. I'm thinking we might need it this winter - all the signs are pointing to a tough one.

No comments: