Monday, September 2, 2019

New TV & Other Stuff


I got the new television and I got the installation finished up on Saturday. When I went to Harbor Freight the other day, as soon as I walked in the door there was a floor rack with bargain priced stuff. Just so happens there was a swivel mount for a flat screen TV for $17.99. I hadn't bought the TV yet but  figured it would probably work with what I was looking for. As it ends up, installation went pretty much smooth as glass and it didn't require a trip to the hardware store either. As you can see from the photo, Roy and Dale look as good as they ever did. The HDTV is quite the improvement over what I had. I still haven't figured out all the bells and whistles and I need some sort of an adaptor to connect the DVD player up, but we're watching TV and very happy with the picture quality.


I bought a couple of parts for the sandblaster modification - 1-1/4" close nipple and cap. I'll cut the nipple in half and weld it in to the bottom of the modified sump. It's a start.


Discharge chute for the blower in the previous post. I got it straightened out and painted both of them. I'll get them bolted on next time I work and that job will be done.



Top photo is the first blueberry off my bush. There were originally two bushes in order to insure pollination and to make it worthwhile having the bushes. Unfortunately, I managed to cut one of the bushes off with the weed whacker a couple of years ago. I was surprised to find a berry on it without there being a pollinator. Not much of a crop but it did taste pretty good.

Bottom photo is a seed pod on one of my magnolia trees. A couple of the trees are loaded with seeds this year. I tried planting a couple of them in the past but didn't have any luck. Might have to do a bit of research.The grape vines are loaded up and I've got quite a few apples as well. The persimmon tree and one of the apples lost quite a bit of fruit when we got the hail a week or so back. I didn't get a single peach on the trees this year, though. Should be about time for the chicks to start laying. I'm hoping the guy will be here to install the generator this week. That's about the last thing on the list for my "preps". If you don't really know what you're prepping for, it's kind of hard to know what you're going to need but I'm as ready as I'm going to be. Fortunately, we don't get hurricanes here in the mid-west, so I don't have to deal with any of that like they are down south again.

And today is Labor Day. The one day of the year dedicated to all the working stiffs. There's more of us this year than there has been in a while with the low unemployment numbers. I've been working for better than 50 years now. I don't know how much longer that's going to continue, but I figure I've earned a day. So today I raise a glass to all of us who get our asses out of bed every day and keep the wheels turning.

No comments: