Friday, December 27, 2019

Almost There



Christmas present from Surly - I laughed out loud when I read it. The hell of it is, I'm relatively certain that's the actual number.

We had a lovely Christmas. I got some nice things and we spent time with the Surly and his clan. The weather was exceptionally warm as was yesterday - it got up to 64 by my reckoning. I did some outdoorsy things and put in a good half day in the shop, no jacket required.


The bike carrier is just about done. I need to drill four holes to fasten the hoop for the front wheel. I tacked the brackets in place to make sure the hoop was where I wanted it. After I drill the holes I'll grind off the tacks, finish weld the hoop and it should be ready for paint. I still need to make a couple of brackets to bolt on the ends for tie downs but those are just two pieces of angle. I would have finished it up yesterday but I had some work to do for my side hustle. I should be able to get the carrier finished up and painted over the weekend. I'd like to get it done before it gets cold again, plus, the to-do list is starting to grow.

No comments: