Monday, December 2, 2019

Marty Robbins & Metric Hardware



I bought a few books from Edward R. Hamilton Bookseller and I saw a Marty Robinson CD collection that contained all of his single releases from 1952 to 1960 and I couldn't resist. I've listened to three of the four CDs so far and there is quite a variety in styles of many of the songs. He does some rockabilly, Hawaiian, straight up rock and roll, and lots of the ballads he was probably best known for. I heard this one on my way home from work the other day with the proceeds of my paycheck jingling in my jeans. I don't have 160 acres or an old "hoss" but I am my own boss with the sky and the stars above me. Nice feel good little ditty.


The bolts I ordered came in. In addition to the metric bolts I ordered for the Sprint project, I got some 1/4" lock washers and nuts to resupply the inventory. I need to get back on the Rapido project and get that one finished up so it'll be ready to run come springtime and then I'll move the Sprint up front and go to work on that one. I need to finish the sheet metal roller and assemble the slant six also. It'd be nice to have the roller for the projects I've got on the back burner and the slant six would take up less room if all of the parts were inside the block rather than being spread around in boxes. I've been putting out some feelers to locate a transmission for that project. No luck so far but one of these days I'll start scouting the junkyards and come up with something.

I made the cover for the rack I made for the torch tips. Nothing fancy here, just a sheet metal box cover to keep the dust out of them. I put a spare hole in the rack when I made it and as soon as I put the cover on the rack it dawned on me I just made the perfect mouse domicile. A nice metal box with a 1" hole on the bottom for the mice to crawl in and out, make a nest and piss all over the torch tips. I stuck another tip in it to close the hole but I need to remember to check things once in a while to make sure nothing moves in there and takes up residence.

Things are going pretty good at the present. I've been making it a point to get out in the shop at least a couple of hours on the days I don't work. Been keeping up with the laundry, dishes and the household things, as well as working out a bit. I need to see about finding another 5K to keep the cardio up. The little bit of weight training I've been doing has helped also. I feel stronger but still no where near to where I was in my prime but if I can keep from losing any more muscle mass at my age, I'll be real happy with that.

Have a good week.

2 comments:

Rich in Ky said...

My dad made me a fan of Marty Robbins from the age of three; I always liked the cool cars on some of those album covers.
https://youtu.be/wrzSW6W_7FI

Rich

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Marty was the real deal - singer, songwriter, actor, cowboy, racecar driver. 35 NASCAR starts with six top ten finishes. I've been a fan as long as I can remember.