Monday, December 16, 2019

Christmas Deliveries



Since we live out in the country and the Missus doesn't get out like she used to, we did the majority of our Christmas shopping online this year. I wanted a new helmet, so the Missus said order what I wanted and that would be her present to me. I normally wear a full face helmet but I wanted an open face for when I ride back and forth to work. It's only a few miles each way, so the odds are with me as far as being involved in an accident and since I've been riding for over 50 years I've long ago accepted the risk that comes with motorcycling.

The helmet is from Biltwell. It's their Bonanza model - DOT approved and right at a "C" note. The paint finish is flat titanium and I got the visor in the smoke gray color. The color on the helmet is a pretty close match to the trim color on the Himalayan. They included a catalog with the order that's pretty cool. If I live to be a 100, I hope to build myself a nice Sportster based bobber. Only about a dozen big projects ahead of that one, however.

In addition to the helmet coming this past week, we got two deliveries yesterday morning. Don't recall ever getting two Sunday deliveries before. One was from Amazon, the other from the Post Office. Amazing. Especially since the Amazon order was placed Saturday evening.

We had the grandsons over night Saturday so I didn't get out to the shop but I walked four miles with my running buddy yesterday. She's got big plans to compete in some body building contest so she's working out like a mad man. I'm about 90% in on the 50 mile challenge so I see a lot of walking in our futures. Snowed last night and it's going to be cold now until March. Don't know how much walking we'll do over the winter but I'm going to try and stay after it. It's nice to have a training partner to keep you honest. It's hard to stay motivated for something like this, especially at my age.

Have a good week. It's about time for me to start wrapping packages.

2 comments:

Surly said...

I'd like to build an ironhead chopper but it'll be more bobber-ish than choppery. You can help me with that.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

You bet!