Thursday, December 19, 2019

TCM & I Remember



Turner Classic Movies has their TCM Remembers playing now like they do at the end of every year. I didn't realize "The Man With No Eyes" had passed away. Actually I never knew his name until I saw it on TCM Remembers. The photo above is, of course, from Cool Hand Luke, my favorite movie of all time. Morgan Woodward was in a ton of movies and television shows, mostly cowboy/western things, which makes it even more surprising that I didn't know his name since that's my favorite genre.


Another character actor who passed away this past year is Michael Pollard. That would be him on the left in the photo above, not to be confused with Robert Redford as if that would be possible. The photo is from a scene in Little Fauss and Big Halsy. The film was a 1970 release about motorcycle racers and sidecar racers at that. It's one of the things that got me amped up about sidecar racing. Its been a long time since I've seen the movie. I used to have it on VHS. It's about time I give it another screening. It'd be nice to view it on the new flat screen TV.

RIP gentlemen.

No comments: