Saturday, February 15, 2020

Cold


Had a couple of days like real winter lately. It started snowing on Wednesday and continued into Thursday. We probably got about 4 inches. Not a big deal as far as our winters usually go but the temperatures started dropping Thursday morning from about 30 degrees to negative numbers. It was -5 Friday morning at 6:30 and stayed cold all day with a high about 15. Friday was a beautiful sunny day with nary a breeze, so it wasn't too bad to be out. At least for the little time I was out taking care of the chickens and then walking down the lane to get the mail.

I went into work Thursday morning for a bit to shovel snow and check to see if anything pressing was on the agenda. Since nothing much was up I told them I'd see them next week. I did pick up a little work to do at home so I could have something on my check. One of the nice things about this gig is I can pick and choose my days. Also, the boss hired another guy to help out with the maintenance and custodial chores so he can cover if I don't make it in. And if it's going to be below zero, I'm going to take a "snow day" just like I used to get at the high school. And I'll probably spend it about like I did yesterday - a little cooking and cleaning and curlin' up in the recliner with a good book. It's supposed to be above freezing the next few days, so I'll be back into the shop. A little for them and a little for me.


No comments: