Monday, February 24, 2020

Motorcycle Carrier



Nice weather this weekend - 55 and sunny yesterday. Perfect weather to put the finishing touches on the motorcycle carrier. The lights work and since I used a fill-in flash you can see the reflector in the middle of it. Once I got it all buttoned up on the back of the truck, I took a look at what I need for a ramp. I've got one for loading a bike into the back of the truck, which is what prompted this to begin with since that didn't exactly work like I had planned. I'll keep that one just in case and make a new one for the carrier. The aluminum ramp I used for the top of the carrier had a steel piece riveted to it since it was designed to be a ramp. I'll use that and bolt it to a 2x8 and I should be set. In fact, I can even park the truck in the garage with the carrier attached. I love it when a plan comes together.

I'm going to watch the weather this week and if it looks decent towards the end of the week run down to Indy and get the Himalayan serviced. Cuzzin Ricky and I can visit the Speedway Museum and get a bite while the work is being done and then head on home.

Because the weather was so nice, I pumped the tires up on the bicycle and took it out for a short ride. Legs felt like rubber by the time I got home and my cardio is not what it should be either. My crazy chest problem came back about three weeks ago so I've avoided the gym hoping my chest would respond favorably to a bit of rest. It hasn't helped much but I've been doing more lifting, tugging and pulling than I should. Didn't seem to bother me on the bicycle so it's about the same as it was years ago when it started.


No comments: