Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Parts is Parts



I ordered some parts from Speedway for the track racer and a little something for my hot rod. I've got a bunch of parts for various projects that I've been collecting. Surly hooked me up with some containers a couple of years ago to organize most of the bike parts. I need to do the same for the car projects. Also in the photo is the extension cord I made for the plasma cutter. It's about 15 feet long, which will give me a total of 20 when it's plugged in. That should be plenty.



I added another MIG spool to the side of the plasma cart to wrap the extension and power cord onto. I had to put an elbow on the air fitting but I was lucky to have one in my coffee can of brass fittings. I strapped the cutter down to the cart the other day to keep it from falling off, so it should be all systems go now.

I got the ramp finished for the motorcycle carrier yesterday, sharpened some knives, changed a light bulb and piddled around with a couple of other things - kept me occupied most of the day. Doesn't look like the weather is going to cooperate for the trip to Indy this week. I did drive around Monday with the carrier attached to the truck. Everything stayed together and the lights worked. It's supposed to be decent Sunday so I'll load the bike up and run it around town a bit to see how it goes before heading to Indy.

No comments: