Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Side Job and a Sandwich



The beginnings of a little frame I knocked out yesterday for the side hustle. I cleaned up the shop a bit prior to starting - concrete floor looks nice and clean in the photo. I've still got a bit more clean-up to do but a big improvement. Safer too with out all the tripping hazards. I raised up the legs on the horses to a better height. They're easy enough to adjust - one screw on each leg and then slide them up or down as needed. They adjust in about three inch increments. They're supposed to hold 1500 pounds each but I wouldn't trust them enough to crawl under them with that kind of weight on them, especially if the legs are at full extension. However, they're just the ticket for what I need.

I did a couple of other pieces for work yesterday as well. A little welding and drilled a few holes and tapped a couple 10-24 holes. That was a bit dangerous - last thing I needed to do before quitting and it was getting past my supper time. Real easy to get in a hurry and break the tap that way, especially in 304 stainless. As it turned out, the job came out well but not so much the dinner.

After closing up the shop I loaded up the Missus and went to the grocery and to pick up a couple of sandwiches. Simple enough order - one steak sandwich for the Missus and two veggie guacamole for me. One for dinner and one for lunch today. Instead I got two steak sandwiches and one veggie guacamole without the guacamole. By the time I got home and opened up the sandwiches it was after 7:00, I was really hungry and I didn't want to go through the hassle of taking them back. I'm not a strict vegan anymore but it's rare that I eat meat. (Other than a pork tenderloin sandwich at the racetrack, that is. That's my Kryptonite). The steak sandwich was pretty tasty, though. The veggie guacamole, not so much.

We've got snow on the way and cold temps forecast for Friday. The tax lady called me and said the IRS is ready to go, so she moved my appointment up. With the weather and the taxes, progress might slow down a little. Plus, I do have one more little job for work yet. Probably more by the time the weekend rolls around. That's OK. I've got more parts to buy.

No comments: