Thursday, March 12, 2020

49 and Counting



Wedding anniversary today - 49 years. Lots of good times over the years. Hoping for a few more.

We were supposed to go to the dentist today but apparently there was a mix-up on the date. The Missus had the appointment card but when she didn't get the reminder call, she called in and we got about a month reprieve. Because of that, I'm going to do a bit of welding for Cuzzin Ricky today.


Depending on how long that takes, I might start on the nose for the track racer. The strips laying next to the one frame rail are for both the front and rear of the frame. I'll need some more material but I won't know exactly what until I bend up the pieces for the outsides. Since I have no way to bend 2 x 3 tubing, I'm going to have to make it out of four pieces and weld it together - should be fun.


I made a little more progress on the transition piece for work. This is kind of a fill-in job for me. It probably won't get used until next fall but maybe this spring. I bent up the ring on my "baby Hossfeld". It would have been substantially easier if I had my roll done. Definitely have that one on the list to complete this year.

I ordered a new welder this week. I sent off the money order, so now I wait for it to show up. I upgraded the TIG torch and the foot pedal and ordered a cover for it. The accessory items were cheaper than the price on the web, so that was a pleasant surprise. With the Corona virus going around, I might have to disinfect it before using it, however.

No comments: