Sunday, March 15, 2020

Weekend Update



I'm thinking the new Bronco won't be looking too much like this one but this is what I'd be looking for. I was hoping for the new Jeep pickup to be this sort of a thing only with a longer bed. Since the only ones I've seen are four doors, and the one I priced was stickered out at $55K, that went out the window. My hope now is for the Bronco to be more like one of the original Broncos. Short wheelbase with a removable hardtop.

Surly's talking about revamping an old boat trailer into some sort of utility/bike hauler. That being the case I won't need a pickup. I can haul most of my junk in the Bronco and use the trailer for long stuff. I've got the new motorcycle carrier for hauling my motorbike around and I could make/buy a carrier for the push bike that would fit in the receiver hitch since the bed would probably be too short. I'll have to check in with the local Ford dealer one of these days and get an ETA on the Bronco. I need to stop by anyway and see about getting my phone synched. Indiana's new phone law will prevent me from holding the phone while driving. Since I still use a flip phone, I never text. And because it's a flip phone, might be it can't be synched anyway.


I tacked the transition piece together the other day at work. I ground the tacks off and then let my two welding students weld it up. The boys did a pretty good job of it. I'm going to grind it and get a piece of 3/8" round stock to wrap around the top. They can help me with that and then finish the welding. The finished product will get held in place with three 1/4" screws.

After finishing up Cuzzin Ricky's job the other day, I was going to work on shaping the pieces for the track racer. However, they are a little too wide to fit in my bender. No biggie, I said to myself. I'll just run over to the high school and run them through the roller. That would be easier than bending them like I did for the ring on the transition piece anyway. Then I found out all the schools around here are going to be closed for at least three weeks. Definitely time to finish my roller.

Went shopping yesterday morning to pick up a few things. There wasn't any craziness with bottled water or toilet paper but the meat counter at the little local grocery I go to was doing a land office business. The Missus and I should be set now if we need to bunker-in for awhile. The Golden Gloves has been cancelled. Maybe the Isle of Man as well.  Looks like maybe Cuzzin Ricky and I won't be going to any races, at least this spring. The warm weather is supposed to chase the virus away but who knows how long that will take. It was snowing most of the day yesterday. Started sticking about time the sun went down. Spring is officially here next week, though. I'm ready.

No comments: