Thursday, March 19, 2020

Quarantine



I decided to take a sabbatical from work for an indefinite time period. The Missus and I will be drastically restricting our movements outside our property. As it now stands I'll still be teaching welding to my two students but only after everyone else has left the building. I can enter through a back door that no-one else uses, stay for an hour and then come home. If any cases of the virus turn up locally, that'll be it - total lock-down at that point. We can get anything we might need online but we're pretty well set. I did read that the virus can live on packaging for quite a while, so any deliveries will have to be sprayed or left out in the sunshine for a bit.

Looks like I'll be able to catch up on my reading and pursue the projects in earnest. My new welding machine is supposed to be delivered today. I am going to have to go out and get a refill on my argon bottle soon. Should be minimum risk on that. I've got a small bottle of hand sanitizer in the truck I use after every stop now. Crazy way to live but I'm afraid this is just the beginning.

Stay safe.

No comments: