Friday, March 27, 2020

Up On The Horses



I put the frame rails up on the sawhorses yesterday, squared them up and then clamped them to the horses. One of the rails is about a 1/16" longer than the other one, so I need to touch it up with the grinder. I welded up the braces and the doubler on the nose. That just about used up all my argon. I called the body shop that is the bottle drop site to see if they are still open. Apparently they are an essential business - of which I am thankful for.

The local grocery store has senior only hours from 7:00 to 8:00 in the morning. The Missus has a short list for me, so I'll run in and take care of that, pick up my argon bottle, get my ass home, and wash my hands. That will be in addition to using the sanitizer I carry in my truck.

There have been three reported cases of the virus in the county now, so it's time to take every precaution. With the grocery run this morning we should be set for a couple of weeks. If the situation around here worsens, we'll just hunker down and make do. I've got plenty of parts and supplies to work on one project or another, a pile of books to read and several jigsaw puzzles. I do want to get a bit more done on the track racer project - pretty excited about this one.

2 comments:

Surly said...

the car looks pretty neat. stay safe.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

I'm having fun with this one. Going to get a little more done and then jump back on the Rapido and the VW.

We're doing the quarantine - probably won't leave the house for another couple of weeks at least - pretty well stocked.