Thursday, November 12, 2020

Almost There

 



I did some running around yesterday morning - print shop, church for donuts and then the grocery store. There's a new church in the town north of me that has a bakery inside of it. I bought a box of six day-old donuts and a small coffee for three bucks. I don't know who thought of putting a donut shop/bakery inside a church but that's pure genius.

Came home and put the finishing touches on the roll project. I had to move the two feet on the back of the base because they interfered with the adjusting bolts. No problem since they were only tacked on. I finish welded the remaining pieces, cleaned everything up and then painted all the bits. I need two more bolts that are threaded full length or a piece of threaded rod to make a couple for adjusting screws. I thought I had a piece of threaded rod but it was the wrong diameter. And there's a hardware store in the same little strip mall as the donut church. I could have picked them up there easily enough. I'll run up town today and get what I need or I could head back north, hit the hardware store there and then get another box of donuts. They were good but it'll be hard to stay at my fighting weight if I do that. One way or the other I'll get the roller assembled today. I'm  looking forward to testing it out.

5 comments:

Kevin Kaluf said...

The doughnuts were six days old? :-)

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Day-old donuts, six to a box for three bucks as opposed to fresh at $1.49 each. They had several boxes of the day-old with various assortments. Damn good donuts and coffee. I'll be heading back up there next week to pick up my printing job so I'll hit them up again. Not like I need donuts but I've been keeping a pretty tight rein on things lately - my cheat meal for the week.

Kevin Kaluf said...

As of this morning I've lost 25 lbs since mid September. :-) It's been a long time since I've had a doughnut....

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Atta boy! Keep up the good work. We need to get together one of these days if we can figure out how to do it safely.

Kevin Kaluf said...

Thanks - yeah we need to figure out how to visit - I miss ya.