Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Nothing Can Change The Shape of Things to Come

 


.... and that's what worries me. The movie Wild in The Streets was on yesterday morning. I tuned in about half way through it so I'd have some background noise to drown out the ringing in my ears while folding the laundry. Kind of a strange movie but it was '68, so why wouldn't it be?

The aluminum rods showed up yesterday and I picked up some material for the buck on Monday, so it's back to work on the jitney project. 


I need to add some more ribs on the bottom and fill the top in solid for the hammerform but it's a pretty good start. I'll work on it a bit more today after I get home from the grocery store. 

It appears the weather is going to become "seasonal" - meaning chilly and rainy. Since it's almost December, the chilly, rainy weather will soon give way to cold, snowy weather but I'm planning on getting a little something done in the shop most days unless it's really cold out. I want to finish the buck before it gets much colder - no heat in the woodshop. I need to get the basement workbench cleaned up so I can resume work on a couple of my strictly winter projects. Instead of sitting on my rump, I can stay busy with a bit of hobby stuff when it's too cold out and in the evenings. 

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. The Missus and I will be spending the day here at the shack. She's planning on making a turkey and some "fixins", so we'll be OK but we miss seeing Surly and his group. Unfortunately, it looks like a lot of people are going to ignore all the warnings and will be traveling and gathering in groups outside their immediate circle. Now we can look forward to another spike in infections in a couple of weeks. It does look like vaccines are on the way, likewise, more effective treatments. I'm hoping Ol' Merle's got it right:




2 comments:

Surly said...

That car is gonna be bitchin but the name jitney gives me the creeps. Not sure why. I looked it up and none of the definitions seem to apply. Calls for further research, I suppose. I think it's how some folks don't like to hear the word ointment or moist. I don't care for jitney...or chutney for that matter. Not that my opinion carries any weight regarding what you call your car. Call it chlamydia if you like.
Shape of things to come reminds me of Jeff Beck. Yardbirds too, but the version off Truth with Rod is superior. Never heard of Max Frost and the Troopers. Cool song.
Wild in the Streets reminds me of Garland Jeffries.
And Merle? Well, Merle stands alone.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

I'm surprised someone who once opened for Chuck Berry doesn't recognize the word jitney - comes from the song You Can't Catch Me. Probably my favorite Berry tune. Listen to the tune. Might change your mind about the word, maybe not. For the record, I like chutney but not chlamydia.

Max Frost = Christopher Jones. B movie actor and musician. The song got a lot of air play back in the day. The movie was kind of a turd in spite of having a cast with a few heavy hitters.

Have a good Thanksgiving. Miss you guys.