Thursday, November 5, 2020

Jazzed Up

 


Pretty jazzed up with the roller project nearing completion along with the other things I'm getting accomplished with this gift of nice weather we're having. It would be nice if I could take the Missus out for a nice meal before the weather turns but that's not going to happen. By the time things clear up there probably won't be any restaurants left anyway. It's looking like no Thanksgiving or Christmas gatherings this year for us either. Regardless, I'll just keep pushing.


The nice weather brought the farmer out for some field work. This will be about the last time I see him until spring other than putting some machinery in the barn. I used to help my brother out with field work many years ago. His machinery was much smaller than what we see around here but I enjoyed driving the tractors whether it was plowing, disking or cultivating. Cultivating is pretty much a thing of the past now. Weed control is chemical rather than mechanical.


Ran a couple of errands yesterday morning, did some more work around the shack and then cut the keyways and fit the keys to the hubs. Not a lot of progress there but closing in on the finish line just the same.

I got a phone call from my running buddy yesterday. She's come down with the cooties. I haven't seen her in about three weeks so shouldn't be at risk. This definitely answers the question about participating in the upcoming 5K. She'll be in quarantine for two weeks and in no shape to run a week or so later I would imagine.  This is getting a little too close for comfort. 

I'm going to see about making the handle for the roller today. This should be the last part needing to be fabbed up. A little more welding and then it should be ready to run a piece of sheet metal through it. 

And concerning the election:


"Well, the people have spoken… the bastards."
– Dick Tuck, candidate for California Senate, 1966


 

No comments: