Saturday, November 7, 2020

Outside Woman Blues

 


Cream was a band I listened to quite a bit back in my youth. Hard to go wrong with Eric Clapton fronting any group. I've got a radio/CD/tape player combo in the shack I rarely use. I'm going to drag it out to the shop. I've still got a bunch of old tapes along with CDs I can cue up while working. That should pretty well set me up for hibernating out there all winter.


Progress slowed a little on the slip roll due to beautiful weather. I painted the majority of the day Thursday. I did the service door on the new barn, inside and out, the trim on the chicken coop and the shop, and a couple other things. I painted until I ran out of the trim paint. I'm planning on painting the north end of the shop today. I picked up a pad painter and some caulk yesterday so I think I have everything I need. The end of the shop isn't all that big. I should be able to wrap it up in one day. 

I finished turning the last roll for the roller yesterday. I needed to get it finished up so I can chuck up a couple of the parts for the handle. My old South Bend lathe needs some attention before I do much else, however. 

The weatherman is calling for a few more days like we've been having - seventies and sunny. I want to get back out on the bicycle a couple of more times yet. Maybe a short trip on the Himalayan as well. Shame to spend all this beautiful weather without riding it a bit. I probably only put 300 miles on it this summer. I had some big plans but like everyone else, had to change them. Improvise, adapt and overcome. 

No comments: