Tuesday, November 3, 2020

This & That

 


The Daily Timewaster had this posted. A commenter said it was listed at about $47K. I stopped at the local Ford dealer the other day and inquired about these new Broncos. They've received a lot of advance press and orders, however, it doesn't look like they'll be available until probably mid 2021 if you want to eyeball one or take it for a test drive. I like the looks of them from what I've seen but not enough to buy a pig in a poke as it were. I like my pickup I'm currently driving but I would like to get something with 4 wheel drive.

I posted about the place that took over for Lindsay the other day. I bought a couple of the Gingery books from there including the slip roll plan book. If you're interested in making yourself a homemade machine shop, a still or other projects, those books can be bought directly from the Gingery site.

I did make some progress on the roll project. Should be able to complete it this week. However, the weather is supposed to unseasonably warm and sunny to boot. I'm looking forward to getting out on the bike - both the push bike and the one with a motor. I put the Himalayan to bed for the season - Sta-Bil in the tank and washed it up, but I'm thinking another ride might be in order. 

Now that the days are getting shorter and it's dark about 5:00, I need to alter my schedule a bit and get to work a little earlier in the day. I did my walkies Sunday and we got our three miles in just about the time it got dark. A couple of us talked about doing the 5K the Saturday after Thanksgiving but the more I think about it, with the increase in Covid cases locally, it's not worth the risk. 



This is a wire edge tool I saw on a Facebook group I belong to. I made a reflector oven for a park my wife worked at years ago that needed to have wired edges. I got it done but it was a struggle. I'm a better metal worker now than I was then but I still wouldn't feel comfortable tackling a job like that. There's just so much to learn in the metalworking trade - should have started a little younger or limited some of my other interests a bit. Regardless, I've got the pictures of the tool posted so I can reference it in the future if I need it.


And don't forget to vote. I haven't heard a single word about the Libertarian presidential candidate either in the press or on the news. I have seen a few yard signs promoting the Libertarian candidate for governor locally. The best sign I saw yesterday while out was Jesus 2020. Yep - God help us all because we're going to need it regardless of who wins.

No comments: