Sunday, May 7, 2023

A Weekend Like It Should be

 


It's been nice the last couple of days. Finally decent spring-like weather. Cuzzin Ricky and I went to the races Friday night - midgets and vintage sprint cars. It took forever to run the show due to the various stock and modified cars, but they kept things moving, it was a nice night and it was good to be sitting in the stands watching open wheel racing again. There's a show in Terre Haute tonight we're going to that should be a good one also.

I had a raccoon in the top of the shop again. I set the trap with a can of cat food, checked it in the morning and no raccoon or can of food. I set it again the following night with a can of tuna. Again, no raccoon in the trap and the empty can was outside the trap. Before trying again, I cleaned up all the moving parts and put a little white lube on the trigger mechanism. I got another can of tuna and drilled a hole in it so I could safety wire it to the back of the trap. Third time was the charm. 

I got some more yard work taken care of the last couple of days and started on the hook-up for the throttle cable. However, after looking at the situation a little closer, I think it would behoove me to get the steering and the brake master cylinder in place first.

The farmer got my fields planted the other day and some of my garden seeds and plants I ordered showed up. There's a couple of things on the way yet but I should have the garden all planted by the end of the week. Love this spring weather.

No comments: