Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Weekend Update

 


Beautiful day yesterday - not much of a summer wind, though. But that was a good thing since I was hiking with my "tribe" from the gym. Really like her cover of this song.


Put in nine miles of some fairly serious ups and downs - interval training at Turkey Run State Park. Get the heart rate up hiking up the steps and then bring it back down on the flat land. Couple that with the twenty-two mile bike ride on Saturday and I had a pretty good workout over the weekend. Nice that I can hang around with the younger ones and actually keep up with them. Don't know how much longer I'll be able to do that, however. 


I've got some work lined up for the week. I did finish the repair on the drill press vise on Sunday while listening to the 500 on the little transistor radio. Surly will do the machining. There's liable to be some porosity in the welds. I cleaned things up as best I could prior to welding but some of the holes were pretty deep and had some swarf in the bottom. I doesn't need to be leakproof, just needs to be solid and parallel with the bottom.

It's going to be hot this week, temps will be in the nineties. I need to get the AC unit in the window and I think I might buy another small one for the other bedroom, since the new double hung window is more accommodating than the old awning type window was. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the Sportster as well. In response to the age-old question of how many motorcycles do you need? One more than I have.

No comments: