Thursday, June 1, 2023

Bouncing All Over The Map - Like Always

 


Another tune from the CD I've been listening to in the truck lately - and in my case I've got plenty to smile about. I've been out on the push bike, been doing some hiking and bought myself a Sportster. I've got the youngest grandson lined up to help me pick it up later today. I'm going to have him help me install the air conditioner and dig out the David Bradley and all the attachments while he's here. Since I'm dragging something home with wheels underneath it, something else with wheels needs to go.


A little late in the season, but my order of plants arrived yesterday. However, the ground is very dry and it's been hot - tough conditions to get plants started. As long as I keep them watered well after planting, they should be OK. It would be best to have some cool, cloudy days until they get established. We did get some rain yesterday, though. Enough that I didn't have to water the garden, the other plants and it should help the corn prosper, as well.


I need to repair the mailbox for my old boss at the side gig. This one and a couple more got bashed by a drunk driver. The post was a piece of 2" sch 80 pipe that got a big "U" bend installed and broke it off the bottom of the box. Fixing it won't be very hard, I just need to get a pair of hinges and a piece of pipe or tubing. I can have the grandson do the welding. Time to see if the welding lessons are paying off.

No comments: