Friday, June 9, 2023

Points Cover


I made a points cover for the Sportster yesterday. The stock one's looking pretty shabby and since I have a fixture for making one left over from making the one for my Sprint, I decided to give it a go.


The Sprint one was a little more involved, but looks good on the bike. The hole spacing on the Sportster cover is a little wider than the Sprint cover, so I had to drill a couple more holes in the fixture.


The almost finished product looks like it belongs there. I still need to open up the mounting holes. They're threaded now to hold the cover onto the fixture. I'll take care of that and then buff it up a bit. 

I ordered some fuel line - that came in yesterday. I'm still waiting on the air filter and the cam chest gasket. I'll get the seat mounted while I'm waiting on that stuff and see about getting the David Bradley running. Still have some lumberjacking to do also. No rest for the wicked.

No comments: