Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Petcock & Windowsill

 


The new petcock I bought is junk. Surly warned me about them but I had already ordered mine. First off, it wouldn't screw onto the tank. I had the old one that the guy I bought the bike from had thrown in the box. It didn't want to screw on easily so I took the nut off the valve and put some valve grinding compound on the tank threads and worked the nut back and forth until it screwed on easily. However, I couldn't get either of the nuts to thread back on the valve. I farted around filing the threads with a metric thread file, a three square file and a small mill file to put a taper on the top couple of threads on the valve. No luck, whatsoever. I've got a new one ordered of a much better quality.


I bought another window AC unit, and like the installation of the other one, I didn't want to chance screwing up the new window, so I made up a wooden base for the AC unit to sit on rather than the vinyl window frame. The base is made from a couple of pieces of 2x4 that I sliced and diced on the table saw. The two pieces behind the base in the photo are to extend the reach of the pieces that close off the rest of the window at the sides of the unit. The unit is made to fit window openings up to 36". My window is 38", hence the need for a couple of fillers.

I went to physical therapy yesterday and got the evaluation taken care of and some electrical stimulation treatment. I go back Wednesday to see the doctor who's the big cheese of the outfit and get some more PT. Yesterday's session seemed to loosen the shoulder up some and eased the pain. Glad of that. It's been waking me up at night.

No comments: