Friday, June 2, 2023

Happy Days Are Here Again

 


Happy days are indeed here again. My air conditioner I ordered came in yesterday, instead of next week like I expected - worked out real well for me. I had to head north to pick up the grandson, so I was able to grab it and save myself a trip later.


The first thing we did when the grandson and I got back to the shack was to get the bike carrier out of the barn and go get the Sportster. When we got that unloaded, we got the old AC unit in the window. Surprisingly enough, it didn't take much fiddlin' to make it fit in the new window. 


Next up was to dig all the implements for the David Bradley out into the open. From left to right: disk, plow, planter, cultivator, snow blower, and there's a blade on the front of the tractor. I've got a guy who has expressed interest in buying the tractor and the implements. I'm not interested in making a fortune on this stuff, just need to get it gone. I'll get the tractor running again in a couple of days and if the guy isn't interested, I'll put everything on Marketplace or Craigslist. That'll make a good start on thinning the herd.

The new AC unit is supposed to fit windows up to 36 inches wide - mine measures 38". I'll get it unpacked and see what I need to do to install the unit. Might have to get the grandson down here again to help me out. He was a big help yesterday. He was asking about the vintage trials bike while he was here. Need to get that finished up so all of us can ride it. Doesn't need much - maybe work on it while I'm waiting on the Sportster parts to arrive. 

5 comments:

Surly said...

That Sporty is nice.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

I had already priced out a list of parts needed, so it shouldn't cost much to get it back together. He couldn't find the battery, though. Hopefully he'll come up with it before I have to buy one. I'm going to order parts in the next couple of days. I want to ride this thing. I should've bought one years ago. Same goes for an E-type Jag. Pretty much got everything else I've ever needed or wanted.

MARSHALL OVERCLOTH said...

if you park that Sportster inside your living room for to gaze upon, it will bring complete happiness and joy. tape a DO NOT TOUCH sign on the headlight.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

If I was the sole occupant here, I might do that. However, if I was to do that now, I might end up being the sole occupant.

MARSHALL OVERCLOTH said...

a catch 22.