Saturday, June 17, 2023

 


I went to the doctor on Thursday to get my shoulder checked out. I hurt it a while back holding punch mitts at the gym. It had gotten better, so I didn't think I needed a doctor but it reached a point of no improvement and I was feeling something like a pinched nerve all the way down into my wrist. The doc checked me out and diagnosed it as a frozen shoulder and wanted to get an x-ray to make sure there wasn't anything broken. When I mentioned another part of my past medical history, he thought an x-ray on the neck would be in order.

I went to the hospital to get the x-rays and the shoulder went fine but when I asked about the ones for the neck, the x-ray tech said it wasn't on the order but if I called the doc's office they could fax the order and I could get that done without having to drive back up there again. I called the office but it was 12:05 and they're closed between 12:00 and 1:00 for lunch. I went down the street a bit and did some grocery shopping while waiting to call back. I called a little after 1:00 and was on hold for about 15 minutes but they faxed the order in.

After checking back in, went to x-ray and the tech said the new order was the same as the old order. She called the reception desk and apparently, they gave her the wrong one. She had me wait, went and got the correct one, and we got the x-rays taken. She checked the x-rays to make sure they were OK and then she asked me if I had ever had surgery on my neck before. Not sure what she saw but I'll discuss it with the doctor when I go back. I've got an appointment for an evaluation with the physical therapist next week also. 


I had a mailbox full of Sportster parts yesterday - cam gears, bearing and shims for the end play. The used gears all look good except cam #1. My #1 looks excellent. I don't relish the idea of mixing and matching gears in the train but I'll figure something out. 

The Koyo bearing sounds like it's an oriental item, but it's actually made in the USA - must have been some corporate merger in there somewhere.

I'm doing a 5K this morning. I'm thinking the shoulder is going to slow me down, which doesn't really bother me, so I'll just chauffer my running buddies around, enjoy a walk and then we can do breakfast. It should be a nice cool morning for a 5K.

No comments: