Sunday, June 18, 2023

5K events

 


Did the 5K yesterday - beautiful day for a race. Since I was able to run a bit at my last event with my "corset" on, I thought I might try it again since there wasn't a walking class. I made it about five steps and my chest was fine but my shoulder wasn't pleased at all. I took off the corset and just walked briskly. I figured there was no way I could win anything since the age group I was in was 50 years old and up. While it was a small event, I saw several guys who appeared to be in the same age group. 

There wasn't any electronic scoring of any kind, not even bib numbers. The lady at the finish line called out your time and another lady wrote it down next to your name. Imagine my surprise when they called my name as the second finisher in my age group. Had to be a mistake. 

My running buddy shaved three minutes off her time from the one we did earlier in the year. The young man I took to Detroit came in fourth overall and first in his age group. Good morning for all of us.

There's another 5K this coming Saturday within walking distance of the shack. I'll check the weather and decide if I want to do that one. There's another 5K July 1st that's also a ruck march. I was planning on doing the ruck march but I don't know if my shoulder will co-operate with a 22 lb. pack. I'll throw a couple of pounds in it a try it out this week.

No comments: