Sunday, June 25, 2023

5K Result

 


I did the 5K yesterday morning and I was Mr. Sandman, or at least my feet were afterwards. It's been dry like a popcorn fart around here as of late. Much of the course was trail running on sandy ground and when I got home and pulled off my shoes and socks my feet were filthy. 


Worked out well for me, though. I was able to once again come in as the first male walker. And once again, not much competition. I was the second overall walker. The first place was the same lady who was the overall winner last year. I could've easily kept up with her when I was in my prime, but not anymore. Maybe if I upped my training substantially but don't know if it would really be worth the effort. My goal now is to do enough to maintain a good level of fitness and keep my strength to where I can do what needs to be done around the shack.

I went to a graduation party later in the day, so I didn't get much of anything else accomplished.


I did get the support rod for the drag pipes cleaned up and painted with some heat resistant paint on Friday. Between the heat and therapy, progress on the projects is liable to be slowing down. It always takes me a couple of weeks to get use to the high temps - was 90 yesterday. 

I'm planning on doing the ruck march this coming Saturday. I'm going to have to get out early in the morning before therapy to log some miles or do it later in the day after it cools down a bit to prepare.  I'll have to add a bit more weight but I was out a couple of times last week with the pack and even with the extra weight I should do OK Saturday. I should probably do more with the pack to strengthen my legs and torso.

No comments: