Sunday, June 4, 2023

On The Nose

 



More yard work yesterday. I cleaned out all the dead oak leaves on the north side of the house and planted another Hosta on the east end. The ferns are well established and looking good. The ground cover suffered a bit from being covered with leaves this late in the season and the raking, but it'll be fine. The magnolia in the top photo is a late bloomer, which is nice. It spreads the flowering season out over about six weeks. I've got a couple of things still to plant - should get that taken care of today. I ordered some tulip bulbs but they won't be shipped until August. When I get those planted that should pretty much take care of the plantings other than replacements and garden plants. I'm at the point where I've got lots of perennials and fruit trees - all I want to care for. I've got cars and motorcycles to build, after all.

Speaking of which, I ordered some parts for the Sportster yesterday. I'm changing up my schedule due to the hot weather - get out early to get my exercise in, lay low during the heat of the afternoon, then get out later when it cools down to take care of the chickens, cut the grass and work in the shop. It's supposed to be cooler next week so I want to get the grandson down again to help me out with some more yard work. 


The training and diet program has paid off. I hit 165 lbs on the nose yesterday morning first thing, so I'm officially a middleweight again. It's been a long time since I could say that. Still a little soft in the middle and I've lost some muscle in the last few years, but I'm working the plan. I don't know if that will keep me young forever, but it'll probably be part of the plan. I picked the above book up from the library the other day and I'm about 50 pages in - very interesting. He says that in a few years it might be possible to live to 100 -120 years old and not suffer from the typical diseases that effect most of the elderly. Might be too late for me, but from what I've read so far, he says people my age can improve their chances by following his plan. I'll report back after I finish the book.

No comments: